Journals who are interested in publishing teaching & learning contributions:
- JCER: http://www.jcer.net/index.php/jcer
- Politics: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9256
- European Political Science: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/eps/index.html
This database is an excellent resource for current scholarship on teaching and learning aspects: https://sites.google.com/site/psatlg/Home/resources/journal-articles
Want to share your teaching and learning experiences in a different manner?
- Write a short entry for blog /contribution to our website or for “Active Learning in Political Science”: http://activelearningps.com
- Share your thoughts on European Studies in INOTLES Working and Policy Paper Series: http://www.inotles.eu/inotles-papers-european-studies
- Share your thoughts on EU foreign policy: ANTERO blog or teaching fiche: http://www.eufp.eu/teaching
Links to inspire (suggestions pls send to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- The Two Things Students Want From Professors More Than Anything Else: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/education/2014/08/the_best_teachers_and_professors_resemble_parental_figures_they_provide.html (thanks to Silja Omarsdottir for sharing) – a great reminder that good teachers challenge and care
- Teaching the Teachers, The Economist: http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21700385-great-teaching-has-long-been-seen-innate-skill-reformers-are-showing-best?fsrc=scn/tw_ec/teaching_the_teachers
- How to make a good teacher, The Economist: http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21700383-what-matters-schools-teachers-fortunately-teaching-can-be-taught-how-make-good?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/ed/howtomakeagoodteacher
- “Zero Correlation Between Evaluations and Learning”, Inside Higher Education: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/09/21/new-study-could-be-another-nail-coffin-validity-student-evaluations-teaching?utm_content=buffere29e7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=IHEbuffer
- Check out Teaching The Practice of Politics by Jennifer Lees-Marshment [email@example.com] : a free online library of teaching resources to teach employability in politics & IR www.coursesites.com/s/_TeachingPracticeofPolitics. It has power-point slides, workshop handouts, workshop preparation, group exercises, assessment ideas; sample syllabi; teaching tips; and resources including adverts for jobs in politics and IR, links to media and practitioner articles and videos and relevant academic literature.